September 28 is National Good Neighbor Day! But you can be a good neighbor any day of the year. Here’s a list of some simple ideas for having a positive influence in your neighborhood.
- Offer to wash a neighbor’s car for them.
- Leave a nice note in their mailbox to let them know you’re thinking of them.
- Make a delivery of some homemade baked goods.
- Help out with landscape clean-up in someone else’s yard.
- Volunteer to take their pet for a walk.
- Invite them over for dinner at your house.
- Bring in their trash cans from the curb.
- Host a block party and get to know new neighbors!
- Give a simple wave or hello when you see a neighbor!
Get started today and make your neighborhood a happy place.